Where to start with micro-credentials and digital badges
There’s been a growing trend in the education sector towards short-form and alternative learning courses - accelerated by the advent of the global COVID-19 pandemic. While you may recognise that your institution needs to get into this space to compete, it can be difficult to know where to get started with micro-credentials and digital badges.
We’ve compiled a range of resources below that will help bring you up to speed with the rise of micro-credentials, what you can do to get started and where you can go for further information. You’ll also learn about Credentialate - the world’s first Credential Evidence Platform that helps you discover and share evidence of workplace skills and the only one with Skills-First Evidence Alignment.
Frequently asked questions
How to discover where you are now - and explore your options for the future
The Micro-Credential Maturity Model is a tool to help you assess current offerings, explore organisational aspirations and map out potential steps towards implementing a micro-credential program.
- Defines 5 key stages of micro-credential deployment - ranging from initial exploratory experiments through to an immersive, integrated experience
- Defines important factors, segmented into 7 facets
- Highlights sample scenarios and provides guidance on completing
- Identifies critical success factors to short-cut your learning and help you take action faster
Credentialate allows you to visualise course performance data like never before. Create visualisations and reports that surface trends and insights - from the institutional level down to the rubric element level.
- Gain insights into the curriculum planning and management lifecycles
- Surface learning outcomes against graduate attributes
- Identify potential gaps in skill coverage, supporting the accreditation process
- Identify opportunities to enhance support for at-risk learners
Get in touch for a confidential discussion
We’d love to help you on your micro-credential journey - simply submit your details and we'll make a time to discuss your unique micro-credential journey and what next steps look like for you.