REUSABLE ASSET LIBRARIES
Credentialate enables the creation of Skills and Competency and Framework Alignment libraries where you can store and reuse competency templates and alignments, saving time and human resource costs and increasing your speed to market.
Skills and Competency Library
Skills and competencies represent the specific learned abilities and the associated knowledge and behaviours that education providers can recognise via a credential.
The Skills and Competency Library in Credentialate provides the functionality to create, store, accumulate, use and reuse competency data for inclusion in digital credentials across an institution. Competencies can be selected from the library to use as digital badge templates, streamlining the setup process.
Here’s an example of what this looks like in Credentialate:
- Create a Competency - the skills and competencies the institution wants to recognise
- Build an Evidence Matrix - connect to assessment and evidence (learn more about the Evidence Matrix Builder)
- Create Badge and Awarding rules - assign badges and set associated issuing rules
- Save as a Template - which can then be quickly and seamlessly used in digital credentials the institution awards
The skills economy is demanding greater meaning from digital credentials - how much weight does one digital badge for 'Teamwork' carry, compared to a different digital badge for 'Teamwork'? How can employers know which one took an hour to complete, and which was developed throughout a 2-year course? To overcome this, evidence needs to align to frameworks that already hold meaning to employers.
Skills and competencies can be aligned to education or industry frameworks, which addresses the gap between micro-credentials and the world of work. Details of the framework association are displayed within the personal evidence record, providing a way for employers to more easily understand the learner’s level of skill.
Here’s an example of what this will look like:
- Create or import framework data into the Framework Library - e.g. OECD Competency Framework, NACE Career Readiness Competencies, etc.
- Select a competency from your Skills and Competency Library
- Align relevant framework levels to the competency
- One or multiple framework alignment(s) included in the personal evidence record
- Track achievements against frameworks across the institution