Skills-first evidence alignment - now available through Credentialate
Digital credentials recognise achievement of skills or competencies, evidenced through assessment and awarded as an outcome of learning.
Traditionally, digital credentials are created by linking to the course’s learning outcomes. With Credentialate, the world’s first Credential Evidence Platform, educators could also include a personalised evidence page with qualitative and quantitative detail of achievement.
Now, Credentialate has developed Skills-First Evidence Alignment, in recognition and support of the burgeoning skills economy, as a way for educator to apply backwards-design to micro-credential development.
What skills-first evidence alignment looks like
- Start with the skills and competencies employers want
- Align to recognised frameworks, skills and labour market data - Coming October 2021
- Map skills and competencies to learning outcomes
- Connect to achievement level through assessment and evidence capture
- Issue a digital badge with a personalised evidence record including qualitative and quantitative detail
Revolutionary new functionality
We're excited to introduce our revolutionary new suite supporting Skills-First Evidence Alignment, available globally for the first time through the Credentialate platform.
Request a Proof of Concept
A good first step for most of the institutions we work with, is to order a free Proof of Concept, which will provide you with a report that can be used as a business case for implementing Skills-First Evidence Alignment.
Why evidence of skills and framework alignment is so important
- Mastery approach - by aligning the curriculum to skills and competencies, learners can fill the gaps in their learning and build towards mastery of a particular skill or competency
- Get actionable insights - the institution can identify gaps and be agile in adapting to meet market needs
- Career-aligned evidence record - with personalised evidence, learners can speak confidently to their skills and competencies and easily share proof of same
- Surfaces durable (transferable) and domain specific skills - institutions can identify both from within their curriculum
- Speed to market - get a micro-credential program up and running quicker, using existing course content and learner data already captured by the institution
- Strengthen recruitment strategy - as industry needs are the first consideration, graduates are job-ready as soon as they graduate, creating more competitive course offerings
- Platform flexibility - at every stage, Credentialate gives you the option to configure to your unique requirements to get the outcomes you want
Get in touch for a confidential discussion
We’d love to help you on your micro-credential journey - simply submit your details and we'll make a time to discuss your unique micro-credential journey and what next steps look like for you.