openEQUELLA Features List
- Rich search capabilities enabling quick and easy discover of the content you need
- Standards-based - complies with all major standards, is designed to IMS specifications, and is SCORM compliant
- Workflow for quality assurance and content approval - simple or complex, openEQUELLA workflows can align to institutional processes to ensure previously manual tasks can be performed within the platform
- Digital rights management (DRM) - ensure content attribution, access and reuse is defined. openEQUELLA’s internal DRM capabilities can also be extended to support licences such as Creative Commons
- Highly interoperable - to all common LMSs and other 3rd party platforms via rich APIs and support of LTI
- Can integrate with multiple LMS systems at the same time for systems that may be running more than one LMS for any period of time
- Copyright management - in accordance with Copyright Rules (Part 5B)
- Custom taxonomies - when contributing content, ensure your users can select from a set of defined terms that align with your institution, industry, or area of focus (e.g. curriculum, outcome, framework)
- No restrictions on type of content - all file types, so long as it’s digital!
- Create private or public collections - open or as closed as you want it to be
- Highly configurable to deliver a bespoke solution from an established platform
- Version control - one copy that links out to 1,000s of courses
- A robust reporting engine - gain important insights about any aspect of your openEQUELLA installation, including reports such as weekly usage, most viewed content, and content requiring attention due to its content lifecycle state
- Analytics - using tools such as Google Analytics, access important data and analytics relating to the use of the openEQUELLA platform
TAFE Queensland Use Case
TAFE Queensland (TQ) is a vocational education and training provider with over 120,000 learners enrolled in approximately 650 qualifications, courses and micro-credentials offered across 60 locations in the State and internationally. As a single entity operating across such a wide spectrum of geographic locations, reducing duplication by having a central repository of reusable teaching and learning resources was not a ‘nice-to-have’ - it was an imperative. Adopting openEQUELLA in 2007 and subsequently implementing an internal content management and quality control team has resulted in TQ being able to offer a high-quality, consistent student experience. For teachers, creating new courses and enhancing course content as new resources and assessments are developed has been significantly more efficient.
Macquarie University Use Case
Macquarie University (MQ) has been using openEQUELLA since 2013, initially as a centralised digital repository and copyright management system for their Library eReserves, before expanding its use into other areas, such as for Learning and Teaching Resources and as an integrated Multimedia Library. openEQUELLA’s interoperability was a key factor for MQ when choosing which digital content management system they would adopt, as well as its copyright management and highly customisable permissions management capabilities.