Working at Edalex
Edalex is an edtech company on a mission to surface learning outcomes, digital assets and the power of individual achievement. Founded in 2016, Edalex develops technology solutions that extract hidden value from educational data to make it accessible and more meaningful.
Edalex brings together the team behind the CODiE award-winning openEQUELLA open source platform that centrally houses teaching and learning, research, media and library content. In 2019, Edalex launched Credentialate the world's first Credential Evidence Platform that helps discover and share evidence of workplace skills and analyse competency achievement across an institution like never before. Skills-First Evidence Alignment is available for the first time globally through the Credentialate platform.
Recently, we’ve been selected for the prestigious Holon IQ ANZ Edtech 50 in both 2021 and 2020, and also won the 2020 APAC Venture Competition featuring entrants from 13 countries across the region.
Inclusion and Diversity
Edalex promotes and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We believe that inclusivity and diversity make our teams stronger.
Innovation and Collaboration
At Edalex, everyone is invited to bring forth ideas for consideration. Every team member plays an important role as part of our collaborative, team-based culture.
Edalex’s dedicated team is scattered all over Australia – we trust our team members to work where it’s most convenient and where they can be most productive.
Development and Growth
Team member access to development and training programs to help them build the knowledge and expertise needed to excel in their career
Edalex is a place where community comes as one of the top priorities. We support various communities and the values they care about.
All hands on deck
Two steps ahead
Get up and dance!
Our employee perks
Joining the Edalex team, you will not only be part of a leading edTech whose missions are impactful and worthwhile, but also receive many rewarding perks that extend beyond salaries and benefits for our team members:
Staff personal development
Since day one, Edalex thrives to become a happier and wiser workplace. We recognise up-skilled employees contribute to the overall productivity and strategic goals of the whole team, and employee personal development is a win-win for our business.
Once every 3 months, the first Thursday of each quarter is chosen as Edalex's Personal Development day. On this day, every team member is entitled to a full work day where they can take courses of their choices. The courses generally need to benefit their skills and knowledge in alignment with Edalex's strategic goals.
Experienced meeting fatigue at work before? Did it feel like you had nothing accomplished but meetings came one after another? At Edalex, we support finding ways to increase employees’ uninterrupted work time and daily productivity.
Recently adopted in all team member's weekly working agenda at Edalex, No-Meeting Thursday is a brilliant idea to increase productivity as it allows space for all team members to focus on deep work tasks and at the same time, encourages every one to use the rest of the week more efficiently and effectively.
Flexible working policy
Edalex is proud to have team members scattered across five states in Australia, with a potential of expanding our team overseas in the near future.
At Edalex, we care about creating a healthy work-life balance for everyone. We do our best to facilitate and accommodate any working arrangement requests made by staff members to help enhance their performance and working experiences. Hybrid work, work from home and remote work have become part of Edalex's norm.
We support Pledge 1% - a global movement to create a new normal in which giving back is integrated into the DNA of companies of all sizes.
Pledge 1% encourages and challenges individuals and companies to Pledge 1% of equity, profit, product, and/or employee time for their communities.
Edalex are proud to pledge 1% of employee’s time.
The Edalex team consists of a talented, dedicated and diverse workforce across most states in Australia and beyond. We are committed to ensuring our recruiting process is equitable, driven by leader mindsets and powered by our core values.
Meet our management team by visiting our About Us page:
Junior Infrastructure Engineer - AWS
About the Role
We’re looking for the right person to join our growing team. That person has proven infrastructure management experience, ideally with AWS technologies. We’re deploying cool technologies to improve the educational experience. We've got a fun and productive office in Hobart, plus flexibility to work from home (Australian-based only). We offer our Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP), alongside quarterly professional development days, team events and more. Edalex is an energetic, focused, smart and fun team looking to make a real impact. Wanna help?
- Implementation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting, across multiple cloud platforms and applications within existing AWS environment
- Perform regular maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancement on the platforms’ infrastructure for customers (in and out of normal business hours)
- Project work including building, deploying and configuring applications on AWS infrastructure
- Collaborating with Edalex colleagues on end-to-end delivery of server and systems implementation and migration projects
- Performing configuration and data mapping tasks on specific platforms
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working as Systems Engineer / Project Engineer / SystemsAdministrator / Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience in Linux server administration
- Good problem solving skills
- Scripting (JavaScipt and Python preferred)
- Experience using AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other Cloud Infrastructure
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Sound knowledge in AWS technologies including networking, ECS, EC2 and storage
- Apache web server configuration and maintenance
- Single-Sign-On authentication configuration and integration
Who are we looking for:
- Preferably Hobart-based, but open to other Australian locations
- Positive and engaged team member
- Self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running, collaborating with a team of like-minded individuals
- Willingness to get up and dance (at least figuratively): joining in team activities, volunteering (Edalex has joined the 1% Pledge) and regular events
Sales Director - North America (US or Canada, working remotely)
About the Role
As we continue to grow and extend our global reach, we're looking for a very special person to build our Sales & Business Development function in North America. This is a rare, first-in-country opportunity in which you will be empowered to establish a scalable foundation for growth. You are a trailblazer and thought leader who has trusted connections in the emerging skills ecosystem - Education, Learning and Development or Talent Management.
You will report to our Managing Director, and your responsibilities include owning and delivering on the pipeline engine for sales in the US, making this both a visible and impactful role. We’ve got your back: we’ve got an amazing, diverse (in many senses) team, aligned to common goals, and kicking goals!
We need someone with solid experience in the North American education sector, specifically domain expertise in learning, training and assessment technologies. You will be first in-country for Edalex, so alignment to our vision, our core values and our potential impact for global learners is paramount.
- Be a commercially-minded strategic thinker
- Be comfortable working remotely, communicating regularly and connecting to a team based in another country and another time zone, and comfortable recognising words that are sometimes spelt differently
- Be a lifetime learner who picks up skills quickly
- An “All hands on deck” colleague
- Have the skills to form trusted partnerships with customers, potential customers and thought leaders across the skills ecosystem
- Have experience with enterprise, B2B software solutions, and a grasp of the software infrastructure landscape (preferably SaaS)
- Have in-depth knowledge of best practice sales processes, develop strategic plans for growth, utilise sales tools to maximise efficiencies and execute those plans for strong revenue generation
- Deliver consistently on sales metrics - you are results-driven
- Above all you will be a flexible, kind and collaborative person who enjoys working with a great team of professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Build a sales pipeline of opportunities for the Credentialate platform
- Maintain data hygiene on our CRM (we use Hubspot)
- Demonstrate our Credentialate platform to clients using virtual meeting tools
- Manage the end-to-end sales process, concurrently developing and closing multiple sales opportunities
- Deliver on defined sales metrics
- Develop presentations, proposals, grant applications and collaborate on blog posts and white papers
- Provide regular targeted market feedback to the product and development teams
- Stay across market trends via all channels including webinars, conferences, white papers and research papers
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commission
- Employee stock option plan
- Quarterly professional development days
- Other benefits based on contractor vs. employee role
- Periodic trips to Australia!
Edalex's mission is to “surface learning outcomes, digital assets and the power of individual achievement”. Founded in 2016, Edalex develops technology solutions that extract hidden value from educational data to make it accessible and more meaningful. To this end, our platform Credentialate discovers and shares evidence of workplace skills for learners.
We live and breathe our values:
- All hands on deck - Teamwork is at our core and is a key ingredient to our ongoing success as a growing company – internally and externally. We engage closely with our partners long-term to collaborate and co-create.
- Two steps ahead - Anticipating opportunities and risks enable us to exceed expectations and develop innovative, dynamic and scalable EdTech platforms that are truly differentiated.
- Build trust - Trust and respect go hand-in-hand, and it’s built over time through our actions. We strive to establish the most effective partnerships in education and deliver multi-layered win-win solutions.
- Get up and dance! - Life’s too short to not have some fun along the way! You don’t have to be a good dancer (we’re not!) to be up for a fun adventure.